Bamboo Flute Size
When deciding which size Bamboo Flute to purchase, keep the following in mind:
- All of our Flutes are side blown Flutes. They are played sideways like a Concert Flute.
- We Do Not recommend our Side Blown Flutes for children 8 years old or under.
- The longer the Flute, the deeper the tone but the more distant the stretch between finger holes. If you are a beginner you need to be concentrating on getting the clearest, strongest tone possible and not also be struggling to reach the finger holes.
- It is better to start with a smaller side blown Flute and as you become comfortable playing it, move on to a longer and deeper toned Flute.
- If you are a beginner at playing a Side Blown Flute either the Key of 'A' or 'G' would be a good choice. The Key of 'G' is a little longer and deeper in tone than the Key of 'A' and is a popular Key for playing along with other instruments.
- If the Flute is for someone with smaller hands the Key of 'A' may be a more appropriate choice.
If you have any questions please call us at 413-298-3759 (10AM-10PM EST).